Thread: frankenm X5M
View Single Post
      04-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #72
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

In about 3 months I'll take a pic of the amount of the amount of oil they collect - I just emptied it last week and it had an impressive amount.

The crankcase ventilation system dumps a lot of oil blow-by into the intake system especially under boost and with the stock setup it almost all goes into the turbos, hopefully these will extend the life of the turbos since the original's started making noise at 70k miles and failed before 120k and always had oil in them.

I have only found oil in my intake once and my cans were very full and it was only one side ... any catch can will work but I choose the radium cans because of how they are engineered

The intakes are nothing special at all just basic tubing made to fit.

This setup is something I thought about making into a kit with instructions for plug and play upgrades in various forms but haven't gotten around to it

For instance we can plug our OEM turbos and run aftermarket BOV's with atmospheric blowoff to make the woooooooooosh sound .... its fucking awesome

Last edited by frankenm; 04-06-2020 at 03:46 AM..
Appreciate 0