12-30-2019, 06:26 AM   #7
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenm View Post
Radium catch cans x2 - 12AN ( I used 10 and i had to use some additional hose to bridge the connections because it is too small ) and fittings I used about 4 feet of hose.

For the OEM PCV I used the ones from the 50i part numbers are 11157575642 and 11157575643 - Install is pretty straight forward and removes the middle pipe that causes leaks with the PCV

To install you just cut the breather hoses at the ends and completely remove the plastic hose holding the two ends together so u have two separate ends - 4 total two for each side, if your using the radium cans route the first hose to the end that bolts to the valve cover to the top port of the can then the bottom one to the other end of the breather connection that plugs into the intake.

The intake manifold hoses will clip into the breather like normal and make sure you route the one way valve correctly this is really the most important part since the radium cans can actually route either way, I’ll try and get a pic of my install.

Hardest part is finding where to mount them

End result is the intake vacuum pipe sucking air is getting clean air from the can and the intake is sucking clean air from the can as well removing all the blow-by.

I did this for the new turbos to extend the life not sure why BMW thought it was such a good idea to dump so much oil into the turbo like thisz
Excellent work and thank you!!! Pics would be great and where did you end up mounting them? Looking forward to seeing your install.
Appreciate 0