View Single Post
      10-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
Mpower04
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Space Gray X5M build

So a couple months ago (July) I was browsing cargurus as I usually do and came across a great deal on an E70 X5M. Things escalated rather quickly and next thing I knew I had a one way flight to Miami. Clean title, no accident car with me being the third owner and about 112k miles. This will be my sixth BMW and third M car.

Overall, the car was pretty clean, especially being the cheapest example on car gurus! It came tastefully modified (didn't know until I saw it) with H&R springs, muffler delete, spacers and some cosmetic things like black grilles and color matched reflectors. It also looks like the injectors have been taken care of under the recall. The car was a beast to drive and made it back to Austin without a problem.

Upon arriving I took a closer look at the car and found a couple things that needed to be addressed. The tires were pretty old and starting to rot, leaky turbo coolant lines, passenger intake needed to be replaced (failed PCV), thrust arms were bad and the rear brakes were due. All things to be expected at this age. Fast forward to a couple days ago and I've discovered a leak from where I think to be the rear coolant sealing plate on the back of the engine This means the transmission will be need to dropped. I'll likely be tackling this in the next few weeks and also doing the rear main seal, both oil pan gaskets and motor mounts "while I'm in there".

Future plans for the car include;
-paint correction/ceramic coating/engine bay detail
-polishing headlights
-powder coating calipers yellow
-window tint
-whatever else decides to fail next
-I'd like to get a BPC stage 1 tune but am trying to resist

If you'd like to see what else what I've got myself into, check out my E92 build thread.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456773

Untitled by jake ellegard, on Flickr

Enough rambling, onto some pics. I'll have much more later, I know these suck.

Picking it up in Miami;

At home with my E92;

X5M will be my wife's daily once we turn in her X3 next year;

New tires;

Getting the coolant lines replaced. Not my duct tape job, its on the list;

That's all I have for now. Still have the passenger intake duct, CCV hoses and thrust arms waiting to go on.

E92 M3 Build | E70 X5M Build
Appreciate 0