Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
It tracks your sleep hours, and plots them in the HealthKit app. For those who are not on massive doses of vitamin pee (water pills), it also sends a congratulatory message every morning for accomplishing your sleep goal. In my case, it plots my hourly trips to the driver's lounge. (As I write this at 8:55 AM, my watch is already showing that I have already have 8 hours towards my hourly stand ring today because of overnight bathroom trips.)

The newer watches also have improved pulse/cardiac monitors and alerting compared to my night Series 3. When your ticker is electrically hot-wired as badly as mine is, every alert may be a life-saver.

The most important reason for my night watch is home control. I can tell Siri to turn on the garage floodlights if I hear a bear rattling the garbage cans at 3 AM without getting out of bed. More recently, there was a thunderstorm last week in the middle of the night, and I turned the automatic dog door off before our OCD psycho dog could make it to the door in full-charge knucklehead mode to try and bite the lightning from the back yard.

It's probably worth mentioning that the Apple engineers programmed for people to have multiple watches, and your stats magically move between them as you switch back and forth between them.....
The home automation is a nice touch, we have alexa still and anywhere in the house it is always listening... sometimes its nice, most of the time I just hate the idea.

I like sleeping with my watch for the sleep summary, blood oxygenation reports (can help detect sleep apnea), and it gives a more complete picture of your "body battery" or how much energy you might have given your activities during the day and your amount and quality of sleep.

I also generally wake up much earlier than DW and I get a much gentler wake up for both of us with a vibrating alarm on my wrist instead of sound. Apparently I got much better sleep than normal last night, aside from my dog needing out at 1:30am.
Attached Images

2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615278.50