View Single Post
      01-03-2018, 09:26 PM   #54
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
I love how pristine your engine bay looks. Mine needs a good cleaning.
I'll get those measurements tonight. It may be difficult for me to get the measurement for the crankcase, but I'll measure the ID of a spare hose I had for that port.

Where did you get your hose? It looks flexible which is what I'm looking for.
Thanks...measuring from the exterior of the OE hose it looks to be 20-21mm which may work out. I tried running the hose around in the bay and, while it is flexible, some of the turns require big loops to pull off...which is the problem with mounting so high. I put them in the only spot that allows me to unscrew the bottoms freely and pull them out. Might have to rotate the canister and point the nozzles inward to account for the hoses.

I got the hoses on eBay I think. Amazon sells them also HPS silicon heater hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomingtonFPV View Post
I'm really jealous of you X5M guys. There isn't nearly that much space in my 550i to mount the catch cans where you are putting them.

Keep the info coming. I'll find a place at some point.
I wonder if it is possible to retrofit the ///M Intake or use the RK one. It looks like the biggest problem is the location of the oil cap on the 50i, but otherwise the engine setup is the same and the location of the turbo inlet should be similar.

EDIT: just noticed you said 550i not X5 50i...yeah you guys don’t have much space

Last edited by jandref321; 01-04-2018 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: Add edit notes
Appreciate 0