View Single Post
      11-27-2017, 10:41 PM   #5
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

I actually misspoke about the misfires. I had to clear the codes a couple times but after sitting over night and several cold starts later no issues...she runs great! I guess the coils were bad. The injectors are still probably going to have to be replaced again at some point though. The truck is already on it's third set of injectors at 67k miles. So stupid that injectors are a normal wear item on this vehicle...maybe just the tuning?

As for the battery, I'm definitely disconnecting anytime I work in the engine bay unless it's super simple. When doing the charge pipe hoses I dropped one of the hose clamps into the V and it hit the live wire from the jump point where it is unshielded way down. It grounded on a bolt and sparks flew everywhere...almost had a heart attack worrying that I fried something. Everything was fine though lol...phew.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0