Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Bimmer related that I don't think I ever shared. My first car was a 1979 E21 320i. It belonged to a big time Hollywood agent who represented some of the biggest names in Hollywood in the 60's and 70's. The car was a POS by the time he gave it to me. I remember picking it up from his house in Bel Air and accidentally keeping it in 2nd gear the whole hour drive home. I was surprised it didn't blow up, it took 10-14 seconds to get to 60, it smelled like what I would think Benson & Hedges smelled like, and there were weird stains in the trunk of all places. I absolutely beat the crap out of that car, shifting to neutral, redlining it and dropping it into drive as I voiced off the rev limiter. Probably made that auto trans look like it took a grenade.

He had some other pretty nice cars but I like to think he would pick up some of his clients and take them to lunch in my bimmer every once and awhile. Maybe Jack Nicholson-because that's the type of clients he actually had judging from the photos in his house-did coke in the back seat with Janice Dickinson and now some kid is doing parking brake drifts in a KMart parking lot with it. The tranny died not soon after and we broke all the tail lights pushing it home with my buddy's '87 Civic.
I came within a hairsbreadth of having one as my first car but my father killed the deal. Same with the 1976 Dino. I ended up with a 1982 Mk II VW Scirocco. I loved that car until it was totaled.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615467.50