07-19-2020, 11:22 PM   #64
Nothanks
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinasu View Post
Just to make sure I'm being clear, there are multiple parts:

-The SZL, which includes the stalks and the angle sensor
-The clock spring, which may be different depending on the functions you have on the steering wheel (heated wheel, etc)

The clock spring can be moved to a new SZL because it just uses the SZL as a mount, but doesn't electrically connect to the SZL. There is a connector in the column that connects to the clock spring when it's mounted to the SZL.

The SZL has a separate connector that contains the CAN bus comms.

I understand better now; it has taken me several read-throughs of these posts and the TIS diagrams

As I said, I see 3 different part numbers for the SZL assembly: 61319203106, and 107, and 108. These are called out as different p/ns based upon which option sets you might have: S248A, S521A, S541A, S5ADA, S5DFA

In my case I need the part number ending in 108 but I ended up with one ending in 106. My plan is to reuse my clock spring assembly OR switch the cruise stalk from the 106 SZL I ordered with the one that is on my car already. I need to get my hands on both and compare them to sort out the differences.

All of the SZL assemblies appear to have the same 12pol connector on the back, and then the clock spring has one of two different connectors depending upon options. I have not been able to reconcile why there are 3 different p/ns for the SZL module.

parts link for LCI minus the paddle shifter is here

I guess I will figure this out, eventually

Finding the Hydro Unit has been tough, but I will need to keep looking
Appreciate 0