07-19-2020, 04:00 PM   #62
robinasu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E70 BMW X5d

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothanks View Post
Thank you for the clarification; I ordered the ACC SZL on a combo unit and will simply harvest the stalk and move it onto my clock spring assembly.

Follow-on question, did you need to do any additional wiring relative to the steering assembly in order to get a physical link to the comms network? My guess is NO, but I would appreciate confirmation.
Just to make sure I'm being clear, there are multiple parts:

-The SZL, which includes the stalks and the angle sensor
-The clock spring, which may be different depending on the functions you have on the steering wheel (heated wheel, etc)

I believe your existing clock spring can be moved to a new SZL. The clock spring has two connectors. One plugs into the SZL. The other uses the SZL as a mount and plugs into a loose connector in the steering column. I moved the clock spring from my X5 to the X6 SZL. I am guessing the clock spring part number depends on the steering wheel function options you have.

The DSC unit is the gateway for the SZL, so if something isn't working right you can try to factory code the DSC using NCSexpert. When you code the DSC it "codes" the SZL.

Last edited by robinasu; 07-23-2020 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: Correction
Appreciate 0