View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 01:17 AM   #57
Nothanks
Rep
Drives: X5D

how much does the SZL part number matter?

Here is a question for those of you who have gotten into this with a working ACC solution:

My question has to do with the SZL, steering switches/clock spring combo:

?Does it matter which clock spring assy you have so long as you have the correct cruise control stalk installed?

For the LCI model steering wheels WITHOUT paddle shifters, I see 3 different part numbers listed and I can’t reconcile why there are three based upon the wiring diagrams.

I see 61319203106, and 107, and 108. These are called out as different p/ns based upon which option sets you might have: S248A, S521A, S541A, S5ADA, S5DFA

The only physical differentiator that I can see has to do with whether or not the unit supports a heated steering wheel option. The clock spring connector at the 4-o’clock position, or 8-o’clock if looking at the back, is different. I can’t see anything else different among the options. That connector appears to go with the clock spring and the ACC cruise stalk uses the same connector that all of the other stalks use, which appears to be the same across all p/ns.

Can anyone confirm if one can keep all other pieces intact on the steering column and install ONLY the cruise control stalk with the ACC adjusting wheel on it?

Last edited by Nothanks; 07-13-2020 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 0