View Single Post
      07-04-2020, 04:13 PM   #107
subbu001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
1. There's OEM sound and Android sound. If you switch to the OEM/CAR side the monitor switches so you can listen to OEM media. When you switch over from OEM to Android the OEM sound will continue to play unless you switch to an android media app. I was able, on my old monitor, to listen to OEM Satellite and have Waze on the screen. You want the Aux Level to be as low as possible for best sound, however you have to balance that when equalizing the volume. I have my OEM Aux Level set to 1/4 full.

2. Do you have wireless carplay option? You cannot have both OEM BT and Android BT ON. If you do not have wireless, you need the optional dongle. Once connected via BT you should be able to connect wirelessly, but if I switch out of carplay back to CAR, I have trouble getting back into carplay. I have to power down and wait X time and start over.

3. Mine does the same, drops, then connects for a long while, then suddenly drops. I haven't figured out why. BTW, I haven't tried with mobile hotspot. Here's a Q/A I had with 4x4 on WIFI:
Q: WIFI doesn’t automatically connect, even with settings set to do so;
A: You need to turn off the hotspot from your phone and turn it back on, time out on the hotspot from your phone.
1. Thank you. I tried playing spotify on the Android side but did not have any volume. Perhaps I will try it again with just isolating the sequence and really increasing the volume. I got the whole unit to play Waze. Do you use Waze via Carplay or from the Androis App.

2. I am supposed to have Wireless Carplay. Which bluetooth do you use? And do you need hotspot / wifi to be connected as well?

I first paired my phone using the OEM Bluetooth but on the Android screen phone says it is not connected. As such was having no luck connecting to Carplay. Then I switched in Settings to Android Bluetooth. Then car play was trying to connect immediately. But no actual successful connection. I also made sure the wifi & hotspot were on.

3. Yup turning hotspot on and off does work when it drops after some time. But there is something else disconnecting it intermittently.

I live in an apartment. So have to go down to keep trying all these iterations. Sighhhhh.
Appreciate 0