View Single Post
      07-04-2020, 11:01 AM   #106
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

1. There's OEM sound and Android sound. If you switch to the OEM/CAR side the monitor switches so you can listen to OEM media. When you switch over from OEM to Android the OEM sound will continue to play unless you switch to an android media app. I was able, on my old monitor, to listen to OEM Satellite and have Waze on the screen. You want the Aux Level to be as low as possible for best sound, however you have to balance that when equalizing the volume. I have my OEM Aux Level set to 1/4 full.

2. Do you have wireless carplay option? You cannot have both OEM BT and Android BT ON. If you do not have wireless, you need the optional dongle. Once connected via BT you should be able to connect wirelessly, but if I switch out of carplay back to CAR, I have trouble getting back into carplay. I have to power down and wait X time and start over.

3. Mine does the same, drops, then connects for a long while, then suddenly drops. I haven't figured out why. BTW, I haven't tried with mobile hotspot. Here's a Q/A I had with 4x4 on WIFI:
Q: WIFI doesn’t automatically connect, even with settings set to do so;
A: You need to turn off the hotspot from your phone and turn it back on, time out on the hotspot from your phone.