View Single Post
      07-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #92
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvirgi View Post
Great - is your version wired or wireless carplay? 1280 or 1920 resolution?

Testing -
Try Testing like this: You can call a 2nd phone (mute the 2nd one if you have it in the car) and listen to it. Tap your finger on the OEM mic, and tap on the side of the new screen where mic is and you'll be able to tell which one its using.
Tests:
1 - Pair 1st phone and check which mic its using during a call - Using android bluetooth
2 - Now check this same phone using carplay call to make sure its the same mic.
3 - After the call, confirm if it still shows your phone is connected in the communication section.
4 - Pair a 2nd phone and do the same testing (now calling the 1st phone).

For me, the 1st phone successfully showed OEM mic and never dropped the BT. But on the 2nd, it was dropping BT. It would initially show it connected, but then once you went to the home screen and looked at the communication section it showed no connection.

Was able to start this, however I had issues with carplay and didn't finish. All I can report is that both 1 and 2 above use the Android MIC.

I had some issues going from carplay to car...where carplay just wouldn't connect when I returned. It sat 'waiting'. I will say it's a bit frustrating getting to learn the nuances of this system and sitting in my car in the driveway for long periods isn't a conducive environment. I only get 1 bar at my house (0 in my garage), so that could also be contributing to the issues. The system is about 95% reliable, but that missing 5% is SO important. IE: I thought I set WIFI to always ON, but it doesn't come on at start. So I start it. Then I turn it off to test...then later I see it came back on. If I disconnect BT, it takes many iterations to connect it back, etc. Force stopping the carplay doesn't fix the issue. I had to walk away...a few hours later, at start carplay is working. I switch over to car and then I can't get back in to carplay. I feel like I waste a lot of time.