View Single Post
      05-24-2023, 08:34 AM   #11
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

So of you're making a build that you will take out of state for competition, it's illegal there? Mere possession of parts illegal (not installed)? Constructive Intent is highly difficult to prove, and unless the law specifically criminalizes possession there's no reason not to ship. But retailers will defer on the side of caution to avoid any potential legal ramifications, unfortunately. So States enact loosely worded laws, to create fear, and achieve what they couldn't otherwise, but legislating something that couldn't stand legal scrutiny. But this garbage all started with the Obama administration that wanted to empower the EPA to regulate ANY vehicle and or engine modifications at all, yes, even in professional racing as there was no intended exemption... Luckily those efforts fell through, but in Cali, where they're absolutely nuts, it seems to have been preserved.

So, if I'm an out of state driver, do they stop my vehicle at the State border and check my vehicle? Disallow entry to the State? Give fines, etc...?

Is a joke!
Appreciate 0