View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #466
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFRED10 View Post
I always run the sound through OEM bluetooth so the steering controls work in the CarPlay interface. You're bypassing the Carplay functions because you are running it through your OEM bluetooth, hence the reason the steering wheel back/next work. Volume on the steering wheel will work no matter what function you are in since it's completely separate from everything. I have always done this and found the OEM bluetooth sound is better than the unit anyway!

Just a little trick for you if you haven't figured it out to easily launch the Carplay app and have it run through OEM bluetooth:

--Make sure AUX switching is changed to "Manual" in your factory settings on the android unit.

--Launch the Carplay app via the "NAV" button next to your iDrive Control knob

--Once it's launched, you will not have any sound. Click the voice control on your steering wheel once, wait about 1-2 seconds and click it again.

This should automatically switch the unit to your OEM bluetooth so you'll have sound via bluetooth without having to exit the CarPlay app to your BMW to switch.

Really need to find a fix for the iDrive controls though.

I bought another cord off amazon in hopes it will work so I will get back with the results. Not confident it will though.
I think I understand what you mean. I’ll give it a try. But it’s the idrive controller that I really want for navigating CarPlay when I don’t want to touch the screen
Appreciate 0