06-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #97
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
I agree with Chris. This mod is not for the weak minded, however, I was able to find a better/quicker way around a few things. One quicker way to the passenger side access... Once I had all the filters and airbox removed, I started looking for ways around removing the DME box, then I discovered another route for wiring through the grommet (just like the drivers side).... forget removing anything under the hood on the passenger side, all you need to do can be accomplished inside the fender well. There is a thick rubberized access panel underneath the fender liner that is held in place by 4-8mm bolts. Remove this panel and you will be able to see the factory wiring harness grommet underneath the DME Box.... The grommet is still a pain in the ass just like the driver's side, but at least you don't have to deal with removing everything under the hood!

I was also able to maneuver the LED headlight into place without removing LED computer module, however it was extremely tight; it may have made it a little easier having the module out of the way.

I left one stinkin' bolt out and now I remember where it goes: behind the fender well that has already been riveted back together.....arrrrrrghh!!!!!

Look at what just arrived a few moments ago from Active Autowerkes:
(these things are freaking HUGE!!!)

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0