View Single Post
      06-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
ironmonkeypimp
Rep
Drives: X6 Xdrive 35d

I think the thing you need to do first is figure out what head unit you have, whether its a CCC or CIC, google that and see if which screen matches up with yours. And also what level of audio system you have: I found this little titbit, that helps:

"If you do not have tweeters in your front doors, you have "Base" audio. If you do have tweeters in your front doors and do not have speakers in your rear "D-Pillars" (the far back columns at the very rear of your X5), then you have "Standard (Hi-Fi)" audio. If you do have speakers in this area, then you have "Premium (Top Hi-Fi)" audio."

If you have Hi-Fi or Top Hi-fi, you will have an amp, probably in the passenger side of the boot. You can get you high level input from there. If you have a base or basic set up like mine, you get the high level input from the back of the head unit.

You then take the high level signal into a high low convertor which gives you pre outs. Now in case you have a filtered signal - its probably best to use a subwoofer equilizer / cross over or ensure your amp has a good cross over and some frequency boost capability otherwise you might be putting a bass less signal into your amp.

Here's my setup:
Cache cloc+d as my line convertor
Vibe Delta Bass generator to tweak my bass
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TTV8M123.50