06-26-2023, 01:17 PM   #26
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
It's Ametrin and, yeah, I'd rather have had Ruby or - not available - moonstone, but it was later 2021 and order dystopia so I was lucky to get anything

On the GDM, I use a pretty modified version. I used to go panel-by-panel but after I got used to it I switched to a more top to bottom approach that I listed above. I still hook up the Kranzle every few washes, and for sure when I do the wheels / tires or drove in the rain or snow, but the modified GD method is so fast and easy that I do it ever few days.

I spent years testing various wash methods & media for marring (and products AND coatings AND Sealants!) and BY FAR the least marring is McKee's N914 mixed "thick" combined with chenille mitts; I think because you can shake the mitt fingers maybe, I dunno.

I also found for basic chemicals like shampoos, degreasers, APCs, etc no brand name works better than "generic", and that includes Matt's Obsessed Garage stuff. Not to say any of it is bad, just not better than stuff that's WAY cheaper.

So, for example, I just bought 10 gallons of concentrated APC & shampoo delivered for $80:

Both of these should be mixed at least 4:1 and you can combine them for a bitey snow foam. You can order them from O'Reilly's by part number, e.g., Cherry Foam would be C62-1 for 1 gallon or C62-5 for 5 gallon. For holidays OReilly's usually has online sales or you can just call a local one and order it, then pick it up the next day. If you order the 5 gallon, don't forget to get a spigot if you don't have one

For pre-wash degreaser I LOVE LOVE LOVE Road Warrior which also works great for wheels, and then Pink Perfection which is a shampoo with some bite and works great for road film and bugs.

For Rinseless I love McKee's N914 over ONR, though now I'm using P&S Absolute which, for me, is a poor user experience since it's like sun tan lotion to mix (and smell), but works at least as well as McKee's in terms of lubricity ... and DOES leave some protection behind for better or worse.
Appreciate all of the good info.

I just picked up some Carpro Echo2 and used it as a drying aid this past weekend. I was happy with the results. Easy application and left a great shine. Apparently it can be used as a rinseless wash as well but I've heard so many great things about McKees I may have to grab a bottle...especially at that price.