First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
I got the expensive ones from the dealer, they took a little bit to get them in and fitted. It also took a lot of wrenching and twisting to get the pipes to sit flush against the top turbo side. I had to rubber mallet the vband in place while putting pressure on the pipe. Took all of my strength to get them in place alone. I also had to loosen the exhaust and drop the hangers over and over to get things to sit right, then put them back in reverse. Finally everything was tight and fit. Except, and this is a big one, my bolts in the bottom of the downpipes were too long, so I tightened them all the way and thought that was it, but there was a 1/2 space left on both sides that was a giant exhaust leak and the bottom gaskets eventually flew out of the openings.

Had to air hammer the bolts out and replace them. Was a nightmare... still need to revisit it again when I have some time.
Downpipes are in, leaks are sealed, and tune is flashed with no warning lights on the dash. She definitely pulls harder based on the short test drive I just did. Will have a better feel for the difference with the tune over the next few days and will provide and update with my thoughts.

Edit: one thing I will say right away is that actually hearing the turbos spool is AWESOME!
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 2
9vapors651.50
IN-FLT12.00