05-22-2019, 06:18 AM   #35
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
I guess they can blame they CEO if they want, but it is the board of the company that sets the strategy with the owners interest in mind. The CEO is just there to enforce it and run the day to day operations to reach that goal which has been set by the board and owners.

This is nothing new. They are using the CEO as a scapegoat for some of the failures of BMW recently, although I think BMW has been going strong with their game. But, as of late, they might have lost some touch.

For example, I hardly think BMW's approach to the electric market is fast, they are actually quite slow in adapting to this market. Only now when the regulations have become tougher and tougher do they realize their mistake in not going for electric cars earlier. Reality is going to start to sink in more as more people start switching over to EVs, for better or for worse.

Companies that said not too long ago that there is still a future for their diesel and petrol cars now paying the price and have to admit defeat. History once again repeats itself with the big brands too slow to react to an ever changing market. The BMW board went on about keeping the diesel and petrol engines while watering down its premium brand by introducing so many models that it is ridiculous (this by all means has been their biggest mistake so far). "Hey lets slap an M badge on it, and call it a day."

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Try fooling me a third time and well this is the result we are seeing now.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 1