View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 02:27 AM   #28
SweEngineer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: EV6 GT-line

Obviously things have gone a bit soft with the brand, but this has also been going on for a good while.
Of course strategies are strategies and selling more cars are more favorable than selling to enthusiasts only.
But being a luxury brand like BMW, things shouldn't go that far as making the F-series completely disconnected. Some might disagree but completely my opinion.

Part of the BMW aura is the straight 6 cyl petrol engine. But making it such an expansive option (60k and up) comparing to the E-series era has actually made it hard to consider a BMW many times.
The 4 cyl petrol engines are actually no fun or good in a bmw no matter how punchy they are.
I wonder for how long people are actually going to pay for these low mark engines. I made the mistake to buy a 428xi and believe it or not I'm swithing to pure electric. I'd rather drive electric with more punch for the same money and get rid of the sewing machine. From now on, I'm only buying an ICE if it's a performance car.

Considering the EV aproach...well EV is obviously the future. BMW should introduce a pure EV model for every product in the range. BMW is actually doing this with the X3i and i4. Now the rest of the lineup needs this option also.

Also, please give us a good steering rack. This is getting ridiculous.
Appreciate 1