Rep
Drives: X6M

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myaddiction View Post
I'm running PURE TURBO stage 1 upgrades and didn't have any issues running on the stock tune. Working with BPM motor sports to get a tune for the upgraded turbos.

The limit on our engines is the the MAP sensor only reads to 22-23psi. Most tunes run 20 psi on the stock turbo because it runs out of breath on the topend. Looks like that will be the first limit we'll run into with upgraded turbos. Which will be a problem because nobody wants to support rescaling the pressure map for the 4 bar map sensor newer BMWs use. I asked. Fuel will probably be next after that.
How are you liking your Pure Turbos, what kind of differences did you feel going from stock to upgraded turbos even though you're on a stock tune?

After seeing this thread - http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1267910, I was talking with lfelunden and he said it's not needed on our platform because he claims he can boost beyond the limit of the stock sensors (which I'm guessing is ours since he mentioned it) on the MEVD ECU only.
Useless for us unless there is a work around for the MAP limits or if you are willing to roll the dice you can run higher boost then the MAP limit of 22.5 psi and allow the O2 and knock sensors feed back to keep it check.

Our turbos have a smaller turbine then the S63tu so by putting an even larger compressor you just create more lag with the same limits due to the small turbine. At really high pressure ratios the larger compressor might help but you run into the MAP issues.

Not sure how PP performance is getting around it but you cannot get a straight answer out of them or their distributors. For the price of their package I'd just get a F85/86 M since it is the S63tu motor and has a ton of support. A F85/86 M with the full JB4 will crush ours even with turbo upgrades.

After a tune and pipes on the E70/71 M you go down the rabbit whole really fast. Not to mention there are people that have had the transmission eat it's self on stock power levels.

Not saying it's impossible. Just you need to decide how much you want to sink into it for what you are going to get. That's a call each owner will have to make.
Appreciate 0