View Single Post
      09-13-2021, 11:03 AM   #235
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Activity Update ===>

1. Working custom crossover install into door panels. This has taken most of my time lately as I research and prep for install. Trying to make this install look as OEM as possible as well as making it reversible. I've been ordering lots of tools, including a brady label system for the crossover harnesses. Been testing adhesives that don't affect the abs plastic on the door panel back side, I've sourced some high quality UP-OCC copper wire and solder, etc. I've got almost everything, but taking this time to upgrade some electrical tools, so waiting on those. I'll mention that the enclosures I bought are much bigger than the crossovers (or the xo's are much smaller than I thought they would be), so I'll probably only use one for the dash install. The door panel has pocket area where the XO's fit perfectly, so will mount them with no enclosure.

2. I have almost everything I need for the exhaust install, except the parts for the exhaust grounding cable (can get any time) and exhaust valve hose extension kit. I thought I had everything I needed for the kit, but the new oem exhaust valve hose I've sourced (from two different places) is completely different, low durometer (soft), different ID/OD dims, appears much lower quality. It appears functional, however the different dimensions don't work with the other hose I bought for the kit so I'm left to source some a few inches of used oem exhaust valve hose OR purchase all new hoses to remake the kit...

3. Decided to remove the piano black vinyl on the interior aluminum trim. Leaving the CF vinyl wrap on center radio console trim for now.

Last edited by argento; 09-14-2021 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0