03-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #21
jellish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I have a completely different experience than neuroclast in regards to my JB4...running stacked is FAR better than tune only for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but yours was an N63 version self flashed to S63 firmware, yes? It sucks Terry dropped support, but I hope that between the N54 forums and local friends who know their N54 in and out, I've got hope they'll help me tune it further. Logging has helped me resolve misfire/throttle closure issues, then I'm also using it for meth control, so there's that.
Yeah, it was after he dropped support for S63 so the only way to get one (new) now. I know a few of you guys are running beta ones so maybe you'll have better experience, but running a converted one (which Terry said should work) was a nightmare. Just like other cars the JB4 supports, there is nothing you can do in the JB4 that you can't do in the DME as far as performance tuning goes. Not saying our DME tuning has progressed to the level of say the 335i guys, but any gains you realize on JB4 are possible to realize on the DME only.

I was also told MHD should (hopefully) be supporting the S63 around summertime. So once that happens pricing for tuning will drop sharply as places like Velos/AA/etc. see that their business model of charging $1500 for a tune is unsustainable.