View Single Post
      10-19-2018, 11:36 PM   #183
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
You seriously must be joking. I'm not doing all the work for you. Go compare any high end Android's screen to the new iPhones. The iPhone is clearly behind. Who do you think makes the screens for iPhones! No clue on battery life issue either lol, clearly you are commenting on a subject you did zero reading on.

Here you go, i took the liberty of pulling one article on it for you, it took about 5 seconds: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#a82662f3e1ac

Back to the first point, here's an exerpt from this very article for you, just to show how EVERYWHERE these 2 particular points are:
You’re wrong, sorry. The iPhone XS Max was tested as best ever. PPI is meaningless after a certain resolution, namely after 326PPI. Contrast, color accuracy, brightness, etc are far more important than pure pixel density, but try to keep up.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-...ews-28161.html

Ultimately, DisplayMate awarded the iPhone XS Max's screen a score of A+ and said that it's the best smartphone display on the market. Better yet for Apple, its display performed "considerably better" than any other competing device, including Samsung's Galaxy Note 9 and last year's iPhone X.

Before you just dismiss DisplayMate as meaningless, remember the numbers are objective and measurable.. Don’t just tell me to “look at Android screens” and I’ll see iPhone screens are clearly behind.”

Everyone knows Samsung and now LG make Apple displays. Apple is too smart to be in such a terrible, capital intensive business like hardware manufacturing. They use suppliers for most of the components, but the key is Apple designs and demands high tolerances on those parts. They calibrate displays and spec out each component to their standards. That why it’s so funny the Apple designed Samsung display is better than the Samsung designed Samsung display!

Apple makes the most color accurate displays, period.

You based your entire battery life argument on a video from PhoneBuff, whose channel I’m subscribed to, so I’ve already seen the video...before you even referenced it.

It’s one test from a YouTuber in an unrealistic scenario. That doesn’t consider idle time, like you’d have in a normal day. iOS isn’t optimizing battery for these stupid scenarios, but it does for a normal day. Just doing continuous tasks until the battery is drained is totally pointless. Who cares?

Your sources are horrible.

But if you like PhoneBuff so much, did you see the iPhone crush the competition in his speed test?

iPhones contain THE best mobile silicon in the industry with the first 7nm chips, Apple is crushing the competition in software (as usual) and now hardware too. Before you say mobile processing power doesn’t matter, it’s what makes 4 year old iPhones still work well and hold their value. It’s also going to be the future of mobile computing so the advancements Apple has made will give them an advantage when smartphones need to process the environment for AR.

I own thousands of Apple shares, so I have to understand the industry. I know every single point you could possible make against Apple, like your weak battery argument.

In the end, none of that matters. Apple is crushing Android because they have the ecosystem, security, support, design, hardware and SWAG that is the envy of the smartphone world. People don’t care about 8GB of RAM. They want their phone to work well, be easy to use, take great pictures, be fast, and look cool. iPhone has the whole package.

Last edited by BayMoWe335; 10-19-2018 at 11:59 PM..
Appreciate 0