View Single Post
      10-10-2022, 06:26 PM   #215
GregWX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRatedM View Post
I have not bought rod bearings yet but they're part of the plan I would've loved to pull the engine out and just overhaul the entire thing but I don't have a lift nor a good way to lift the truck high enough to pull the engine out.

The plan is to drop the subframe and transmission + differentials and go from there.

Rear coolant cover is a weak point and hardest to get to (can potentially leave you stranded if it decides to leak) and often leaks around 100-150k mile mark and requires the transmission to be dropped to gain access (it's at the back of the motor, sandwiched between the transmission and the motor).
I'm in the same boat about wanting to remove the engine and do it all without a lift. The pain of rolling over sockets while trying to contort to reach different bolts on this thing laying on my back is getting all to common now. Let us know how how proceed evaluating which bearings and rod bolts. I'm also not sure if I have the original oil pump, so not sure if that is a necessary upgrade as well.
Appreciate 0