09-21-2022, 01:30 PM   #207
GregWX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRatedM View Post
Hello everyone,

I finally got a chance to do the transfer case, front and rear differential service and reset each in ISTA. Also had it aligned per Dinan specs and what a difference in how it handles! I'm happy to report that it's getting dialed in.

Here's a short snippet of some backroads fun with earful exhaust notes!

BMW E70 X5M - Passenger POV Backroads Drive
Great thread! Been basically going through everything you have done on my 2010 with 140,000 miles. Just finished the turbo oil return lines, coolant y-pipe, auxiliary turbo water pump, crank case hoses, plugs and coils. Currently re-doing all the front suspension bushings, ball joints, front an back sway bar link and sway bar bushings. Also going to install Dinan Springs with the new Dinan Bump stops and new shock mounts and rubber perches.

Debating whether to do shocks, just due to mileage and age, but still seem to ride good. They aren't leaking and cost is crazy.....so will probably hold off.

What did you find was leaking on the transfer case? I have a leak as well, along with a deteriorating Guibo Flex Disc that will be next to tackle. Did you replace the actuator gear?

Also have leaking valve covers and upper oil pan (did the lower since that was easy and adjusted the oil pump chain which was very loose). How is your upper oil pan?
Appreciate 0