Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesamprs
Nice work and good pics/description. Isn't it better to have your detector higher up on the windshield for better detection?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz5
YOUR WRONG, but nice write up.

NOPE YOU ARE !! here http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...detector/2.asp

This is the first thing people usually screw up and it’s not really their fault. First off, the cop who is pointing the radar at you isn’t aiming it at your windshield, he’s focused in on your license plate or headlights. If you mount your radar detector up as high or in the middle of the windshield then you are not going to pick up some of the signal that the radar gun is throwing at you.

Secondly, why advertise the fact you have a radar detector? Sure they are legal in almost every state (sorry D.C. and Virginia) but most law enforcement personnel do not look too kindly on people with radar devices that essentially help them break the law. Also, your radar detector might entice thieves.

Another thing to consider is that the radar detector could be obstructing your view if it's in your line of sight, which is just dumb and potentially dangerous. So set it low as you can, either on the dashboard or the windshield, but be careful your wipers don’t obstruct it. This positioning will help tremendously, especially if you are being targeted by laser which has a smaller beam and is tougher to pick up.