View Single Post
      04-08-2019, 12:42 PM   #15
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I’m just trying to finish a AA degree (undecided major). I have 18 credits left. I know it makes no sense but I’m being honest.

I like to cook and work on cars, but I’m a firm believer I’m better than a blue collar job (no disrespect to anyone). I want to be able to make a decent living and be happy for once. Watching all my friends on Facebook have families and move forward with their lives makes me depressed. It’s like a slap in the face to me, so I’ve kept my distance from those people.
I just got back from visiting my nephew, his wife, and their new baby. He's a blue collar guy. He repairs industrial pumps for a living. It's hard work and it's dangerous. He busts his ass to provide for his family while you are 36, live at home, and are shopping for a shrink to solve your problems. Sorry man, but right now blue collar jobs and the people who work them are FAR above you.

Step 1 - Ditch the AA path. You're wasting your time and your parents money on something you aren't committed to. What's your plan when you get your AA degree? What doors will it open? Right, there's no plan on your part. So just drop the time wasting and move on.

Step 2 - Learn to work with your ADHD and not against it. What jobs could you take on and enjoy that allow you to be you?

Step 3 - Get out of your parents house. Unless you are truly disabled they are enabling you. The fact that you are on a BMW forum tells me they are enabling you. Man up and handle your business. You're 36. It's time to accept the hand in life you've been dealt. People with far greater disabilities than you make it happen. You can too.

Sorry for the tough love, but not sorry. You need it.
Appreciate 7
upstatedoc7559.50
King Rudi13154.00
jimnov6.00
MKSixer34184.50