View Single Post
      04-07-2019, 10:52 PM   #4
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I’m just trying to finish a AA degree (undecided major). I have 18 credits left. I know it makes no sense but I’m being honest.

I like to cook and work on cars, but I’m a firm believer I’m better than a blue collar job (no disrespect to anyone). I want to be able to make a decent living and be happy for once. Watching all my friends on Facebook have families and move forward with their lives makes me depressed. It’s like a slap in the face to me, so I’ve kept my distance from those people.
First step would be to get rid of Facebook and quit comparing your life to others. You don't know how they truly feel, they might be depressed about their life too.

Sounds like you are full of yourself and that's the real issue...

Nothing wrong with a blue collar job, plenty out there are well into the 6 figures. Maybe you are over thinking your life and that is causing your issues. You may be holding yourself back by having too lofty of goals. Who knows, you may be an excellent chef some day.

Think about getting out of your parents house, I mean you're 36, can't be good for them either. That alone would make me depressed.

I have plenty of friends that "look" like they are doing great but I know they are in an insane amount of debt. I have a blue collar job making 6 figures, 32, married, and almost have my house paid off. I don't fit the 400k in debt, 3 kids, look the American dream part like they do but it's my life and my dream. We're happy and that's all that matters. We have different goals that don't fit the norm and realize what actually makes us happy than chasing material things. I got rid of FB forever ago, waste of time, proven cause of depression, divorce, among other issues.

P.S. I've been through years of therapy from some major issues in my past too. It is hard finding someone you can trust and feel comfortable with. I talked with a local pastor who got me in touch with one that met my needs well. Now I'm all good where I'm at in life.

Wish you the best of luck!
Appreciate 17
P111572.00
thegump73.50
NEfan5082658.50
Clark_Kent2227.50
bimmette6453.50
SixBanger186.50
King Rudi13154.00
Run Silent15127.00
xander_g1003.00
Teeone156.00