View Single Post
      02-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #109
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colodano View Post
Can you get to any of the pdc sensors without removing the bumper? One of my center ones popped in from the snow we had last week, so I need to pop it back in.
Not 100% sure, but I think so. I would do the following:

First remove these 8mm bolted bumper connections: 6 underneath, 1 each side behind reflector, 1 each side at wheelwell bottom). Leave the 6-8 bolts on top (just behind kidney grills)...for now.

At the wheelwell bolt, the bumper tab overlaps the wheelwell cover and insert. Uncouple the bumper tab from the wheelwell cover at that area.

You should now have enough play in the lower bumper to push the lower edge forward and get your arm to reach in and pop the PDC back in. DO NOT pull the bumper forward too hard or you'll break the tabs between the bumper and fender interface. These tabs are definitely not fragile, but different people have different ideas of force (leaving the top bolts should mitigate you breaking clips)

If you still need more room, you may try to remove the 6-8 bumper bolts on top (just behind kidney grills at the black trim)...but watch the clips.

Note, you're also only clips away from having the whole thing off. CAUTION, if you plan to remove the bumper and remove connectors definitely disconnect the negative battery cable so you don't get errors for the side camera that require coding to remove.

Good luck.

UPDATED:

Name:  ISTA_E70 Front Bumper Replace 1.PNG
Views: 80
Size:  114.4 KB

Name:  ISTA_E70 Front Bumper Replace 2.PNG
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  ISTA_E70 Front Bumper Replace 3.PNG
Views: 79
Size:  158.6 KB

Name:  ISTA_E70 Front Bumper Replace 4.PNG
Size:  148.0 KB

Last edited by argento; 02-03-2024 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
Colodano130.50