View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 11:59 PM   #44
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Few little updates here and there. Definitely having some driveline issues that look/feel like they're clutch related. Not surprising at all given how problematic the systems are, but I don't really feel like pulling the trans off and spending where I need to spend there.

Here's a quick video of the ticking noise that i'm hearing. You can hear it change pitch and almost go quiet when the clutch is being depressed and engaging.

I've started to worry about the tune a little more so I went ahead and ordered a SCT X4 and a custom base tune from JDM Engineering. That should at least get me started until I get my A/F logging and gauge set up since that's a whole thing in itself.

Once that's done, oil cooler leak is stopped and I pinpoint other leaks I may have to pull the trans and do all the major work there. If that IS the case there then the work will entail:

- Spec twin-disc w/ flywheel 26-spline
- 26 spline input shaft (which i'll have to learn how to do lol)
- lethal performance TOB retaining sleeve
- FRPP TOB
- FRPP shift fork
- new pilot bearing, rear main seal, etc

All a bunch of money in parts for sure but that'll set it up for whatever else might come down the road. Even a ported eaton may end up breaking the 10-spline input

Last edited by heitzke; 02-10-2022 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
cobra2814112.00