12-20-2018, 05:57 PM   #59
Lunker325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M / 991.2 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Hows it feel in normal (non-M or Sport mode), specifically driving up hills? I can't stand how it's ALWAYS trying to go into 6th gear and bogs...I did NOT buy this truck for mileage. Sometimes Sport is too agressive for daily driving but it's the only way to make it hold 5th when I shift down manually without it wanting to put itself back into 6th moments later!
I think I actually like the shifting behavior better in normal mode than in M mode (marginally), however I like the throttle response better in M mode. I don’t have a lot hills around where I live, so can’t give a good opinion on that, sorry! I have noticed better throttle response with this tune as well, which was welcomed. For the price I think it was worth it even if it’s not a drastic change.
It does have adjustments you can make to shift points, shift firmness, and some other stuff, haven’t played with them too much, but lots of customization possible. If you haven’t seen these screens, PM me and I can send them to you, might help your decision.