m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonelm3-X5M View Post
Guys,

of all that I have read, i am surprised no one has mentioned upgrading there fuel pump to something more powerful and Ethanol compatible......like the Walbro 450 for example?

I know Jose B@Ft.Hood has started there
Our fueling system is E85 compatible now, the problem is that we don't have the luxury of flashes like the N54 guys do where they can run a simple BEF atop their JB4 and run any mixture of E85 as the flash controls changes on the pressure of the fuel pump, timing, yada yada yada. It seems that my X5M doesn't seem to like E30 mixtures that much as it tends to reach the max of the fuel trims, so I've stayed with only pump gas from here on out until a flash or something comes out to address it...but I'm not holding my breathe. Terry had mentioned that running meth with E85 will help with the timing, but I'll play with adding ethanol after I get meth dialed in.

With all that said, I was having certain situations where my trims were maxing out, so I was told to adjust my FOL (fuel open loop) from 60 to 80 and that should increase the pressure from the fuel pump. I didn't get drivetrain faults, something they said might happen if the DME freaks out, and to back it down to 70, but it's held steady at 80 and I'm no longer maxing trims. I'm NOT claiming I know the answer, but it sounds like fuel pressure isn't an issue for us just yet vs it being able to use it properly.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46161
Appreciate 0