02-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenker View Post
Hey guys,

Have kind of an odd issue, the other day I was driving for about an hour and a half, all highway nothing crazy rough, suddenly when I got into the city, I completely lost all bass instantly. Wasn't really listening to anything in particular but I noticed it sounded funny, didn't think anything of it really until the next time I got in and attempted to listen to music. Played with some EQ settings and I definitely have no sub woofers, either side, at all. The rest of the audio "seems" to be normal.

Couple days later and a LOT of searching the net, it sounds like there is a few obvious possibilities:

1: In some cases its the sub woofers themselves, which makes no sense to me as they both went at the same time, and as far as I can tell they're not wired in series (i.e. dependent on one another electrically). This is what i'm going to be testing today even though I don't think its the woofers.

2: The battery is bad and the vehicle is load shedding as they do and have experienced with HVAC, lighting, etc. At first this was my thought as I had a weak battery to begin with, replaced the battery yesterday
If you are going to pull the subs out, check the wiring for continuity from the sub to the amp.

unrelated question.
Did you replace it with an OE battery? If so where did you get from? My dealer in Vancouver wants $390 for 105ah

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0