05-31-2020, 01:03 PM   #35
robinasu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E70 BMW X5d

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissvesala View Post
Robinasu. 5DF is correct. U need to change dsc brake unit to acc model. My own project is pending parts. My s-can wires was short circuited so i fail one ldm. (Or mayby connection problem is that i need to let car sleeps more)
Anyway... Waiting new used from Italy. I have now 2 working frr sensors, but none working LDM. Also i have already changed abs/dsc unit.
Ok, another update here. Kissvesala, thanks for the comment. It made me think.

Quick recap:

The FRR, LDM, and wiring all installed and hardware seems to be working. The FRR (radar) won't accept a flash and complains about security access, but doesn't throw any codes. Not sure about this and if all the modules need my VIN to work correctly. I still need the ACC SZL and maybe a new DSC module. More on that in a bit.
At this point, I'm full into coding and trying to understand the daten system and all the different file types. Please course correct any statements because I am a newb.

I've been able to code the car with 5DF while experimenting and have been able to code it back to it's original state by removing 5DF using FA_WRITE, then processing the car, which I'm very happy about. In the process, I've observed how NCSexpert & WinKFP interact with the car and daten files. NCSexpert won't allow some date and option changes to the VO/FA, which says to me there are some vehicle configuration files in the daten files. I've explored the daten files using notepad and I see there is some kind of file/VO control, but cannot wrap my head around it, yet.

My immediate issue seems to be the DSC module. The LDM and parking brake module (and maybe some others) complain about "DSC interface" stuff when all coded for 5DF. My X5 came from the factory with the the normal cruise with brake function (544). I've looked at ACC unit labels on the internet to compare to mine:

My DSC label says:
3451 6854702-01
DSC E70/71
ECU 3452 6854704-01

DSC units that came with the ACC (5DF) option say:
3451 6854706-01
DSC E70/71 ACC
ECU 3452 6854704-01

What jumps out at me is the ECU number, which I believe is also called the ZUSB number?

I would be surprised BMW would have two pieces of ECU hardware with the same ECU number. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the two part numbers are different part numbers due to the firmware loaded. This leads me back to the daten files. How does the system use the PABD (ipo), P-SGBD (prg), HW-NR (0pa), SW-NR (Oda), Base ECU #, ECU Address, and the daten VO control logic to load flash files in WinKFP? If possible, I would like to find the files used to flash the ACC part number firmware to my existing DSC. To do this I need to understand all the folders & files in the daten database.

My first target is the files in the daten folder that end in *.CXX

For the DSC, I see EHB_70.C02, EHB_70.C04, EHB_70.C05, EHB_70.C20. I tried changing *.C file name presented in NCSexpert during coding, but it didn't seem to allow it or I suck (likely).

Does anyone know how to proceed?

Last edited by robinasu; 06-01-2020 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 0