View Single Post
      10-04-2022, 11:21 AM   #213
GregWX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRatedM View Post
Although it's not a known issue in first gen S63 but certainly not a bad idea to do as preventative maintenance. I have been collecting parts for a bottom end engine refresh i.e. upper oil pan gasket, lower oil pan gasket, oil pump chain, rod bearings, rear main seal, rear coolant cover, motor mounts, and anything else I see along the way.

I doubt any specials tools are required but I'll double check in ISTA+ for you. You do need to replace connecting rod bolts, factory/OEM bolts have a 3 step torque process from what I remember. So I had planned go replace them with ARP or something (I haven't looked into it much just yet lol) but it's not rocket science - follow ISTA+ and you'd be good.

These things may not be in the worse of the condition but it's helps tremendously towards longevity of the engine.

Which rod bearing did you buy? You planning to pull your engine or do everything from dropping the sub-frame? Haven't thought about the rear main seal and the coolant cover. Need to look into what that involves.
Appreciate 0