View Single Post
      06-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #69
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
As I read these I have to admit that sometimes the red mist takes over, and I've done some dumb stuff. When I'm able to stay sensible I try to think of whether I really care about arriving 15 (or even 60 or 120) seconds later than planned, and that you really can't win these. And mentally checking a couple of incidents from my own life that helped steer me away from the overtake-and-confront mentality:
-retired police officer gets out of his car at a light and walks up on a car full of teenage gangbanger wannabees who'd been tailing/brake-checking him, with his pistol out (he'd already shown it to them while driving). Shot in the chest (dies later) by the gutless punks before he got to say a word.
-a gal I worked with got into a 'cut me off - I'll cut you off' pissing contest with a pickup truck that botched a move and caught her front end, producing a fatal rollover.
I have never understood road rage; I have driven on six continents, and driven in almost every major city one can imagine. I have never given into road rage. Just walk away. A poster above used the word "disengage", so just disengage.

There is a bigger, brighter life awaits you. Chances are you drive someone's dream car already. Why throw rocks in a puddle of shit?

Of course this isn't pointed at you, however the stories you related were quite sad. I have heard of those as well.
Appreciate 0