Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroclast View Post
The only things you have there making power are the turbos, dp, and tune. The intakes/exhaust are just a massive waste of money. Not being a jerk as those are awesome and good looking parts, but they don't do anything for power. You could have spent half the money and you'd be making the same power. I'd bet you would be making the same power with M5 turbos, too, which would have saved you another few grand.

As someone who has had the jb4 on an X5M, I wouldn't touch it again. You will get 0 support from BMS with it. They've washed their hands of that product.

My plan is DPs, tune and most likely M5 exhaust manifold and turbos. We'll see how much it makes after that and can compare I guess.
Normally, I would agree with your statement about the intakes/exhaust being a waste of money... Downpipes are also a waste for that matter!
In the past and with other vehicles, I experienced lost torque and lost fuel economy for the sake of better sound. To my surprise, this one has responded well to the exhaust. The butt dyno recorded a noticeable increase in torque and quicker spooling of the turbos immediately after the Akrapovic was installed.

Carl Hugh @ Active Autowerkes has taken special interest in my vehicle and has modified my tune each step of the way, so mine is no longer a canned tune, but one that is specific to my vehicle and its modifications.

I may do the headers and adjust the tune for that, but that will likely be my last mod... This thing is already very responsive and violent. Not sure if it can handle much more without breaking something.

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 2