View Single Post
      01-29-2019, 08:07 AM   #1
SimSimmah
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35d

Post Unichip CarPlay Group buy for E70/E71

For everyone that wanted to order a Unichip CarPlay box (https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1573601), let's try this again! Unfortunately, we ran out of time before the order cut off date due to the Chinese New Year holiday, but that just gives us time to get all our ducks in a row for this order.

What is it?
  • An Apple CarPlay module for your BMW using all of your OEM components and features made by Unichip-Tec.
  • Install & demo of the product.

What's the cost?
  • The normal price is $439, but the group deal nets us the following pricing structure:
  • 5-9 units - $299
  • 10+ units - $285
  • The only additional cost will be shipping to your location using your preferred shipper once the bulk order arrives from the manufacturer.

What's in the box?

Who is interested in the group buy?
  1. BMWBuffalo
  2. brianstrawberry
  3. Bull City BMW
  4. DeeO
  5. E46_TommyP
  6. heymattw
  7. jersey john
  8. LightningPe
  9. M3hii
  10. Pudgypepper
  11. pummkin
  12. rollcoalx5diesel
  13. SimSimmah

What do you need to do to join the group buy?
  • Simply post on this thread that you are interested or PM me and I'll add you to the list.
  • The dollar amount of the unit (use of paypal is mandatory)
  • Where you want the unit shipped
  • Your vehicles Year, Make, Model, (and/or a VIN) and a picture of your screen. (All requested by the manufacturer)

FAQ
  • Why am I doing this?
    Because I want a CarPlay box for myself at the discounted rate! Seriously, that's it. I'm just a gearhead who wants one too. I don't get anything else out of this deal.
  • Will my unit be in English?
    Yes, the interface of the purchased product will be in English.
  • Will you run off to Vegas with all our money?
    I will not. I just want CarPlay in my X5.
  • I like to drag my feet till the last possible moment. Is that cool?
    Please don't. You are holding up everyone else. As soon as we have 10 units paid for, I'm clicking to buy so we can all get our modules as soon as possible.
  • When do I get my goods already?!?!
    I'll be placing the order February 7th with the hope of getting you the product in your hands before the end of the month.
  • End of the month? WTF? I want it now!
    Yeah, me too. But first the factory has to build/program the units, then package/ship them, then they have to clear customs, then they reach the CONUS, then the ship out to you. Unfortunately, those steps take time. I'll keep the thread updated as I get updates so everyone will know the status of their shipment.
  • I changed my mind, I want out!
    That's ok, until the order is placed, you may back out. Please post or PM and I'll take you off the list.
  • What are we going to do if Apple updates their IOS?
    Upgrade files will be supplied by Unichip Smartauto development team via USB plug and play.
  • Will this kit to support wireless CarPlay?
    No. USB only, sorry.
  • Can I use my old crappy cable that's falling apart?
    No, please spend $10 on an Apple MFI certified cable from Amazon or Monoprice.

Other Questions?
Post on this thread or send me a PM.

Last edited by SimSimmah; 02-12-2019 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: Order Finalized.
Appreciate 2