cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Gotta tell you guys about my top speed run on the Audobahn in the late 90s. I was working for a company that was owned by Daimler (Then Diamler-Chrysler) and was in Germany with a co-worker for an engineering workshop with our Daimler colleagues. Daimler in Stuttgart has a massive fleet of "pool" cars that visiting employees borrow as opposed to getting a conventional rental car. There's this whole system of reserving them ahead of time that I knew nothing about and my travel companion said not to worry as he was experienced and would just take care of it. I was 25, had never been to Europe, let along driven on the Audobahn. I was PUMPED! He rented us each a car as we had slightly different schedules later in the week and needed to split up. We get to this parking lot the size of a Costco lot, packed with every conceivable Daimler product. Out they come with John's car, a black V12 S Class. Oh this is going to be goooooood!!!!! Then they look at my paperwork, motion over in my direction, talk to my co-worker who had made the reservation, then all start laughing. Uh oh. Out comes a F'Ing Diesel Vaneo cargo van. Think Sprinter van only smaller, uglier, slower, and less cool. Bastard! We hit the highway and when the autobahn opens up to no speed limit, John slides over to the left lane, gives a wave, and is gone. I mash the pedal down and lumber my way up to a top speed of about 80 Mph. Pathetic.
That's just wrong on so many levels. I hope you got him back somehow.

EDIT - Wrong, but very funny.
DETRoadster11456.00