View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #46
ucsbwsr
Captain
Rep
Drives: E61

Putting "the truck" to use....

Shipping wheels

Found a $1,200 radiator setup at the salvage yard.

Transporting a panoramic roof cassette for my E61

License plates arrived. The original hardware was 2 rusty Philips head bolts, I replaced it with some black allen bolts with washers. This will look real clean once the personalized plate arrives.

With the X5 debadged this will help enthusiasts know what motor is under the hood, common civilians will have no idea what's going on which is just the way I like it. If you know, you know.

Adding a wireless charger. What's slick about this setup is the charger is mounted to the ash tray which can easily pop out if needed.

Weekend projects:
Transmission service
Cleaned manifold (again)
Swirl flap delete.
I was going to do vacuum lines as well but I will save that for when I do the downpipe.

Fluid, pan, mechatronics sleeves, bridge, and connector seal.

Yummy

RealOEM FTW

Cleaned the trans support (and other splash panels not pictured).

WTF is this sorry excuse of a transfer case bushing? I was surprised to find out the X5M bushing is nearly identical. With all the TQ of the M57 motor and this offset mount only on one side this seems like it would be a good item to reinforce with a solid rubber mount.

Inspected the transmission wiring connector to confirm pin locations, I will be adding an X5M wheel with paddles and need to run wiring from the wheel all the way to this connector.

Still have to crack open the filter but magnets looked fine with what I understand as a normal amount of metal powder/paste.

New bridge seal and sealing sleeves installed.

Patiently waiting for the trans fluid to get up to temp during refill....

Used a WiFi endoscope to peak down into the valves. All things considered they look great, the only CBU I need to address is on the plastic portion of the valve cover. I will wait to clean that once I have another excuse to pull the cover since it should be and easy task and won't require walnut blasting.

Manifold cleaned, power washed, dried w/ compressed air, and reassembled with swirl flap deletes.

Some quick snaps while running errands. I have a black kidney grill on the way.

- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlet, AR DPs, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP +Tial
Appreciate 2