Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
i'm referring specifically to the special reserve (90 proof) or the antique (107 proof). if you can find them in the $25 - $35 then they are fine bourbons, but as you said...nothing special. i've seen stores with them marked up to $80-$100 which is highway robbery.

i've got a weller antique gathering dust on my shelf. no one will pick it over any other whiskey on my bar...

i should note that i prefer high-rye style bourbons, but certainly appreciate a good wheated bourbon. the wellers i mentioned just dont excited my palate.
I would take that Weller Antique off your hands if you're really that indifferent.

I like a little bit of everything. I am a big fan of Rye (and high rye in turn) but also enjoy quite the smattering of other offerings.

I tried out the Cragganmore 12 last night and really enjoyed it as an intro into peat. I then had a small glass of Talisker 10 after shoveling the drive and also really enjoyed that one. I am going to try out the Lagavulin 16 tonight and if I enjoy that half as much as the others, maybe I will try the Ardbeg Corryvrecken again.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1