View Single Post
      11-08-2023, 12:20 AM   #13
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

First guess is that such a watch probably contains a Seiko, miyota or a chinese eta clone (seagull etc) movement.
That should be able to run +/- 8 sec/day when regulated in multiple positions...
Biggest risk is that the movement was placed in the casing in a very dirty factory.

Edit: I found the watch, it's a Heritor Ashton, not Ashford.
https://heritorwatches.com/products/...39455344099411

It has a "Jeweled 2560 Automatic Movement". There's no picture of the movement, the picture of the caseback is obscured by the strap... why o why.
Although 21600bph, I doubt it's a seiko (or similar) movement.
They do sell automatics with Seiko and Miyota movements, but they specifically mention that then in the description.
Hmmmmm...

I can't find anything on this movement, except some forumtopics that it's a chinese made movement. But who's the manufacturer? pics and data of the movement?
usually that's not a good sign....

If you're in the market for a cheap automatic (sub 500) indeed go for seiko, or on aliexpress there are also some brands with really good prices selling automatics with seiko nh35 movements. Brands like 'Pagani Design' often make watches in pretty nice designs with a NH35 movement and sapphire crystal for under $150, often even under $100.
They have their own designs but also Rolex/AP/Omega/etc inspired designs if you're into that (they are not fakes as they don't carry the brand name, but are classified as 'hommage').
Seiko NH35 is the same as Seiko 4r35 (or 4r36 with DD) if you need that as a reference. (it has both hand winding and hacking seconds)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-08-2023 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0