View Single Post
      07-08-2018, 06:45 AM   #16
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Stick to your plan is best choice. That said...

The only fun car under $10k that really adds a contrast to your garage would be a Jeep Wrangler. A performance car or a convertible would just be redundant to what you already have.

A Jeep TJ (1996-2006) can be had in your budget and would be the best choice if you “needed” to buy something imo. They used the bullet proof I6 motor that will run 300k plus with minor maintenance. Manual transmission is solid. Can take doors and top off and still small easy to drive, and the first generation of wrangler with coil springs so rides way better than any prior Jeep models. Nice ones can be had under $10k with around 100k Miles.

I say stick to your plan though because you need to want to own a Jeep. You would have already been seeking one and not chatting here if it’s what you wanted. Jeeps aren’t the easiest cars to live with. The tops leak and they ride rough, but tons of character. I have one (newer one a jk unlimited rubicon) that I dailied for 6 years. Always gets comments and attention, everyone loves jeeps. If you really want to just spend the $$ I think a wrangler is the best choice for your budget and garage, and you won’t lose any $ on it also they hold value better than anything in my experience.
Appreciate 0