03-04-2016, 06:32 PM   #13
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Man, you are lucky. I did them myself and it was a nightmare. Hardest DIY I ever did and I've pulled the engine from my E36 M3 and the transmission from my E46 M3.

I still have the old injectors, not sure why...I guess maybe I have some hope that I can prove my case for some sort of refund, but I'm not holding my breath. I can't complain I suppose, it was about $900 for the injectors and about $100 for coding...nowhere near some have paid...
I didn't find it that hard...but then again I also had parts of the engine apart do replace the PCV lines and had the cats out so I could gut them. I've never pulled an engine, but trans is fairly easy...I've done that simply laying on my floor with the car on drive up ramps and jack stands to do clutch jobs, etc.

I kept them for the chance of thinking they'll be rebuildable one day. I also hoped I'd get a refund, but since I bought them aftermarket and paid someone outside the dealership, I knew better. Fortunately my buddy hooked me up there with the BMW recall. While I'd replaced the PCV lines, he had the cats, plugs and everything else back together before I knew it, so I gave him $200...so even at $1100, we're in the same boat in that it's still FAR less than what I've read of others paying. Now I just need to sell these 8 to recoup my costs.
Appreciate 0