argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvirgi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
A theory...I can see the possibility of those with rear entertainment system not needing AUX IN. I checked out the wiring schematics and there are two types of AUX INPUT in our BMWs, each located in the same spot, center armrest. One AUX IN without Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) option is 3 or 4-pin and is wired directly into the Car Information Computer (radio) in the dash. Another AUX IN with RSE option is 6-pin where 3 pins are wired to the Car Information Computer and 3 pins are wired to the RSE DVD. From there, the RSE DVD player connects to a headset connection module in the trunk where all the other SSP options (satellite, hud, ulf, cd/dvd changer, tuner, etc) arrive and are connected back to the Car Information Computer via optical cables. Which I believe means (since I've never had that option) you can pipe the DVD Rear Audio through the Car Info Computer and then OEM Speakers. FWIW.
My kit is on order so guessing I’ve got a few weeks to wait. My car has the top hifi amp in the trunk, so I’ll be interested if that makes a difference if the aux is needed. Given the 3 different sound systems (standard no amp, premium with hifi amp, and the enhanced with top hifi amp), I was guessing the need to use the aux in could be dependent on which of these 3 systems you have? I’m wondering if setups with the amps can use the head units without the aux?
I have the S752A system, enhanced option package, May 2013 build X5M, and no sound, I have to use the OEM AUX IN.

Truly hope it works for you. Let us know.

Last edited by argento; 08-25-2021 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0