View Single Post
      03-21-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
quick
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M, '01 E55, '91 964 Trbo

Did I get hosed (BMW dealer)

3 months ago, had a misfire, took it to the dealer and they diagnosed as cyl 1&2. Also told them I have a tickling sound that I didn't hear until this misfire > told normal sound . Brought the car back > changed all plugs (Bosch... same numbers but without BMW logo) > misfires persisted but now Cyl 1&3 > changed coils > fixed 3 but cyl 1 misfired again > swapped the coils > nothing

The tickling sound kept bothering me so brought it back this morning and requested technician specifically look at it. SA had me change all plugs to BMW OEM before going any further. We argued a little bit but she won't budge so i said OK. I did tell her it better be the plugs and not the Injectors (known issue in this model and warrantied for 10/120,000 miles).

2 hours later, I was told it was injectors 1 & 2 that they went ahead and replaced but what about the plugs?

So I was charged $700 for the plugs which I didn't need to begin with. SM wasn't there so I couldn't take it up with him until Mon.

Don't they have the ability to check the injectors without having the customer switch the plugs to OEM?

Is this the right approach?

Any recourse/refund?

Last edited by quick; 03-21-2020 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0