View Single Post
      07-31-2011, 06:39 AM   #17
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doenermann View Post
I wish I still had a mod to undo as well, but I haven't decided whether I want to get rid of the tips yet (not taken any trips longer than 45 minutes and barely any freeway driving). My passenger seat if unoccupied currently rattles louder than the exhaust drones, so we're good for now.

I wonder what kind of power the JB 4 is adding on, probably quite a bit more than my 360 hp / 374 tq. Are you experiencing any hiccupping or jerky acceleration at higher rpms like I am with Dinan? Still need to try to "blow out" the carbon as suggested in a thread on e90post, but I doubt that is my problem.

Would sure like to meet the engineer(s) who are responsible for that retrofit tip design....

The JB 4 suggests that it adds 80 whp / 50 tq. Although I have never had my car dynoed, I definetly noticed a difference after the installation. I didd't have a problem with jerky acceleration so maybe i just got lucky...? My commute is very similar to yours. i rarely get the chance to drive her the way she wants to be driven. I am usually stuck on the freeway for about a half hour to 45 mins moving at 10-15 mph... (NYC) so i feel your pain. I do like the 50i exaust tips. From what i have heard through research, those who have upgraded to the rectangular tips from the circular ones on the 35i, the valve is removed. If your are interested, there are some aftermarket carbon fiber tips that look pretty cool made by akropovich if you wanna check those out as well... drive safe!!