View Single Post
      11-22-2021, 09:06 PM   #1
zeroboot
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M - sometimes

Old X5M new Code

Have had my x5m for awhile now, its been pretty reliable, until recently.

Needed new plugs, so bought the Bosch ZMR... plugs because never had good luck with other brands. Changed them all and one coil pack that went bad. Took it out for a quick burn, and WOT in //M mode and seemed fine, lots of power, not stutter at idle, no hesitation.

Drove it on the highway for about 15 min. then stopped at a light. Started getting a very slight surge/blip on idle. Kept driving another 10-15 min. Surge/blip started to get more noticeable but no code.

Turned around to head home about 10 miles or so. Halfway there Im at a light and it start stuttering pretty hard. Pull onto the highway and it throws the engine malfuction, so i pull over and stop/start. At this point the stutter is constant, and I'm getting 2 codes (P0304) cylinder 4 along with 2B19 - not sure what that one is (ionics?).

So I get home in limp mode, pull the coil off 4 and swap to 3...still misfires with same codes on cylinder 4. remove and reseat cylinder 4 spark plug, no difference.

Check vacuum lines, dont see anything obvious. Its pretty much straight to engine malfunction on startup now. so i dont even want to drive it to the shop and will probably tow it.

Any ideas about this? Pretty frustrating since right after the plugs were swapped it seemed just fine.
Appreciate 0